Monday, January 4, 2016

A New Year

Well, the last time that I stayed up until midnight on a New Year's Eve was the year of the famous Y2K. That was the year that the experts predicted that everything would quit working at midnight of the year 2000. I also made all of my adult children stay home, and they still remind me of how I ruined all of their plans on a night that turned out to be a dud.

It's difficult to believe that this is actually the year 2016. I thought that I would never get used to dating anything that did not begin in the 1900's, but now I think nothing of using the 2000's on my dates. I have never been one to make New Year's resolutions primarily because I never kept the few that I made in my younger years. However, after a couple of experiences in 2015, I have made one. I hereby resolve to never agree to serve on any committee again that has the word "search" or "special" in front of the name of the committee. Those bad boys eat up great gobs of time.

As all of you who read my blogs know how much I love dogs. I read two comments about dogs the other day that really struck a chord with me. The first one stated that no dog had ever truly loved a bad person. Dogs are such instinctive judges of character that I believe that has to be true. The second comment was just cute to me. It said that the reason that dogs were man's best friend is because they wag their tails rather than their tongues.

Everyone at Riverview joins me in wishing you and your families a healthy, happy New Year ! If you haven't come for a visit yet this season, give us a call.


No comments:

Post a Comment